Many members expected to return to Umno, says Jeram rep
KLANG: Umno’s increasing strength in the political arena may see many former members returning to the fold after leaving for Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia a few years ago.
Jeram assemblyman Mohd Shaid Rosli, who left Umno to join Bersatu and then departed from Bersatu to join Parti Pejuang Tanah Air Malaysia, said an exodus could materialise soon.
“When people left Umno to join Bersatu, it was to throw their support behind Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad so when he quit Bersatu, some 80% of the members also walked out,” claimed Mohd Shaid.
He added those who remained were mostly division leaders and those loyal to Bersatu president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.
According to Mohd Shaid, many who stood behind Muhyiddin started having second thoughts after he stepped down as prime minister.
“They may think there is no point remaining in Bersatu after Muhyiddin relinquished power,” he added.
Putrajaya Bersatu chief Datuk Seri Erwan Mohd Tahir returned to Umno on Friday (Oct 1) and this has led to speculation that more will follow suit.
Umno appears to have regained lost ground after the Barisan Nasional government fell in GE14 in 2018.
Selangor Umno treasurer Datuk Johan Abdul Aziz said this reverberated with party president Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi’s post-GE14 statement that Umno would return before the next general election.
“What the party president said is happening now. When we were the opposition, we strongly believed we would come back and lead the nation,” said Johan.
He added people would now be able to compare the current administration with the Pakatan Harapan and Perikatan Nasional governments to judge for themselves.
“Umno has had decades of experience as a component party of the ruling coalition and can offer better things for the people,” he added.
Johan said no one has approached the Selangor Umno leadership yet to rejoin the party, adding that any decision to accept Bersatu members depended on the supreme council.
“When we receive requests, we will send it over to Umno headquarters for party leaders to make the final decision,” he added. The Star
Many members expected to return to Umno
Baca Artikel Menarik :
- Jangan fitnah saya belanja RM65 juta ubah suai Seri Perdana – Najib
- Projek kereta api laju HSR KL – Singapura Dibatal, “Renovation” Seri Perdana RM38.5juta Diluluskan
- Caprice Buat Laporan Polis ‘Mereka Rasa ‘Cable’ Kuat
- Ada pihak kurang senang isu guna helikopter
- Mimi Lana kena kecam buat lambang illuminati
- Muhyiddin, kami keluarkan barang kami sendiri
- HSR dah dibincang dengan Thailand pada 2016, Muhyiddin baru sedar
- “Mohon Doakan”-Keadaan Ustaz Kazim Elias Berkerusi Roda, Topang Ketiak, Terkena Buatan Orang? [VIDEO]
- Antivaksin bebas masuk kedai tanpa perlu kad vaksinasi
- Resepi ikan dori percik merecik
- Rita Rudaini kecewa digugurkan job kerana SOP MKN
Layari Laman Facebook MYKMU