PAS rejects call to give BN walkover in Ayer Kuning

PAS rejects call to give BN walkover in Ayer Kuning

PAS rejects call to give BN walkover in Ayer Kuning
PAS said Mahfuz Omar should engage in mature politics after the Amanah vice-president told the party not to waste its time contesting the Ayer Kuning by-election.

PETALING JAYA: Perak PAS has rejected a suggestion by Amanah vice-president Mahfuz Omar to step aside and give Barisan Nasional a free win in the upcoming Ayer Kuning by-election.

Describing the suggestion as “arrogant”, Perak PAS deputy commissioner Akmal Kamaruddin said Mahfuz should not underestimate the party’s chances as it will be contesting under the Perikatan Nasional banner.

He also reminded Mahfuz of his own failure to retain the Pokok Sena parliamentary seat in the 15th general election, despite having represented the constituency for years.

“If his logic is that PAS should lose because Umno has won the seat for multiple terms, then by the same reasoning, Mahfuz should not have lost in Pokok Sena after holding the seat for several terms.

“Yet, we defeated him. This proves his argument is flawed. So, don’t be too arrogant,” the Selama assemblyman told FMT, urging Mahfuz to engage in mature politics.


DISYORKAN UNTUK ANDA :

Apa Sudah Jadi Dengan KWSP?


Earlier today, Mahfuz was reported as saying that PAS should not waste time fielding a candidate in the Ayer Kuning by-election, as the party has lost in the past five elections there.

He claimed that PAS has no chance of winning the seat if the votes for BN and Pakatan Harapan from the last election are combined.

The Election Commission has set April 26 as polling day for the by-election following the death of Umno assemblyman Ishsam Shahruddin last month

In the 15th general election, Ishsam won the seat with a 2,313-vote majority, defeating candidates from both PH and PN.

PH, which was previously represented by Amanah in the seat, has agreed to step aside in the by-election and allow BN to contest on behalf of the unity government.

PAS rejects call to give BN walkover in Ayer Kuning

 


DISYORKAN UNTUK ANDA :

LAWATI LAMAN FACEBOOK KAMI :

Layari Laman Facebook MYKMU.NET

Ismail Sabri Cuba Mengheret UMNO Dalam Kes RM170 Juta

 

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker