Johor roadside brawl: Singaporean man among two to be charged tomorrow

Johor roadside brawl: Singaporean man among two to be charged tomorrow
Johor Bahru (South) police chief, Assistant Commissioner Azrul Hisham Mohd Shaffei, said both men would be charged at the Johor Baru Magistrate’s Court. – Pic from Socmed

JOHOR BARU: Two men, including a Singaporean, who were involved in a roadside brawl near the Sultan Iskandar Building (BSI) here last week will be charged in court tomorrow.

Johor Bahru (South) police chief, Assistant Commissioner Azrul Hisham Mohd Shaffei, said both men would be charged at the Johor Baru Magistrate’s Court.

Police had previously detained four men, including a Singaporean, aged between 25 and 46, over the incident.

A fight had broken out between three Malaysians and a Singaporean man following a traffic dispute around midnight last Sunday.

A viral video of the brawl showed two BSI police personnel trying to calm one of the suspects, who then provoked the policeman.

Police also seized a helmet and a knife from the suspects.

Background checks found that two of suspects had a total of 16 criminal records, including for drugs.

The case is being investigated under Section 148 of the Penal Code for rioting with weapons and Section 186 of the Penal Code for obstructing a public servant from discharging his or her duties.


DISYORKAN UNTUK ANDA :

LAWATI LAMAN FACEBOOK KAMI :

Layari Laman Facebook MYKMU.NET

Rindu Zaman BN… Gelombang Biru R10 Labuan Terus Mara

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker