I’m not protecting anyone involved in Putra Heights blaze, says MB

I’m not protecting anyone involved in Putra Heights blaze, says MBI’m not protecting anyone involved in Putra Heights blaze, says MB

I’m not protecting anyone involved in Putra Heights blaze, says MB
Menteri besar Amirudin Shari said he did not deny that any excavation activity had taken place at the site, and asked for information to be conveyed and for an investigation to be conducted first. (Facebook pic)

PETALING JAYA: Selangor menteri besar Amirudin Shari has refuted allegations that he is trying to protect certain developers by denying that there was any excavation work near the location of Tuesday’s gas pipeline fire in Putra Heights.

Amirudin initially said that no excavators were found during his first visit to the explosion site, which some quarters have claimed meant he was denying that the blast was caused by construction activities.

At a press conference in Shah Alam today, he said investigators yesterday detected an excavator buried in the crater at the site with the use of ground-penetrating radar.

“There are still parties questioning the use of excavators and bulldozers and alleging that the position of the menteri besar is to protect the contractors,” he said.

“My initial statement was somewhat misunderstood. There is no question of me denying any (excavation) activity; instead, I asked for information to be conveyed and for an investigation to be conducted first.


DISYORKAN UNTUK ANDA :

Mahathir Tidak Layak Bercakap Tentang Kuasa Politik Melayu


“No one will escape, and every party involved will be investigated. I have entrusted the investigation team, led by Selangor police chief Hussein Omar Khan, to act impartially based only on the truth, without fear or favour.”

Yesterday, Hussein confirmed that excavation work was conducted 30m away from the explosion site, but said police would need two more weeks to investigate if the earthworks had caused the blast.

He said parts of the area were being dug to replace a sewage pipe. The excavation work started in mid-March and halted on March 30 – two days before the blaze, which took eight hours to extinguish.

Amirudin also said 130 homes affected by the incident have been confirmed to be safe, and the residents have been allowed to return.

He said the 130 homes are part of the 235 in the Taman Putra Harmoni area.


DISYORKAN UNTUK ANDA :

Pertembungan 2 Kem Pemimpin Tertinggi PAS Semakin Panas


“However, residents of Kampung Kuala Sungai Baru were not allowed to return as the situation is still not safe, according to reports from the fire and rescue department, Tenaga Nasional Berhad and related agencies.

“I remind residents who have not been granted permission to return home to refrain from doing so as we cannot guarantee their safety,” he said.

Amirudin said that after detailed analysis by safety and technical teams, the area affected by the fire has been expanded from a radius of 290m to 325m covering Taman Putra Harmoni and Kampung Kuala Sungai Baru.

He said this gazetted area will help authorities to better coordinate aid efforts and run disaster cost analysis.

He also said those renting houses will be eligible for RM2,500 in government aid.

Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim previously said the owners of houses that were destroyed would receive RM5,000, while those whose homes were damaged would receive RM2,500 each.

Amirudin also said Airbnb has agreed to provide victims with 78 units of free accommodation for two months.

From Monday, five vehicles from Prasarana and the Selangor demand-responsive transit (DRT) programme will transport students from the temporary relief centres to 34 schools, he said.

The fire, which broke out on Tuesday morning along Jalan Putra Harmoni, engulfed a 500m section of a gas pipeline, causing severe damage to homes and vehicles.

A total of 235 premises were affected, with 87 houses declared a “total loss” and deemed unfit for occupation, while 148 others can be occupied after repairs.

A total of 399 vehicles were also affected, with 225 burnt and 174 damaged.

I’m not protecting anyone involved in Putra Heights blaze, says MB

 


DISYORKAN UNTUK ANDA :

LAWATI LAMAN FACEBOOK KAMI :

Layari Laman Facebook MYKMU.NET

Mungkinkah Lim Guan Eng Akan Terheret Sama Dalam Siasatan Ke Atas MBI Group?

 

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker