KUALA LUMPUR: Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob says Putrajaya is mulling tighter SOPs to curb the spread of Covid-19. This comes after much speculation of a full movement control order (MCO) being reimposed.
In a press conference today, he told Malaysians to wait for Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin to announce the next course of action on Monday.
Rumours of an MCO with a full lockdown, similar to one that had been imposed between March and May last year, had been making its rounds on social media, with Malaysia recording four-digit daily infections since November last year.
“The government is studying and evaluating the actions that need to be taken immediately to control the spread of Covid-19. This includes tighter SOPs, especially involving social sectors, to reduce movement and the risk of spreading the virus,” Ismail said.
MORE TO COME